Part of The FA’s Parklife project, the development was supported by Eastleigh Borough Council, the Premier League and Sport England. Smith Construction was awarded this project with Limonta Smith JV via the National Framework for the design and construction of 3G artificial pitches for The FA, The FF, RFU, Sport England and England Hockey.
Smith Construction acted as Principle Contractor for the landmark development with full responsibility for the management of all site health, safety and welfare. The site was registered with the Considerate Contractor Scheme.
The ambitious project included very extensive earthworks on an undulating and overgrown site. It involved ground stabilisation to improve the soils and ground strength in the areas for the 3G pitches, and incorporated a bridging design at the site entrance to overcome a major gas main and water mains.
Carrying out all of the site infrastructure in-house, Smith Construction undertook extensive drainage and civil engineering works, building foundations and drainage system, estate road and car park provision for 383 cars and two coaches
- Floodlit 3G Stadia Football Turf Pitch – Limonta FIFA Quality Standard
- Tiered Spectator Stand – 200 seated capacity
- Two 3G Full-sized Football Training Pitches – Limonta FIFA Quality Standard
- Three Natural Grass Football Pitches including Irrigation Systems
- Tarmacadam Walkways and Meeting Areas
- Pavilion and Buildings Infrastructure – Foundations and Drainage
- Hard and soft landscaping schemes
The £9m football complex is being operated by Hampshire County FA and proving to be a great success for grass roots football with more than 15,000 visitors each week.